Retail businesses, already feeling the pinch, are facing further pressure with the Government’s introduction of the Carbon Tax, that is due to come into effect on July 1, 2012. This tax may be the last straw for many, who are trying to come to terms with the additional costs they will have to absorb when it is fully operational.
This book examines the following aspects of retail costs directly affected by the carbon tax:
• Increases in store electricity
• How council rates and taxes are likely to increase.
• Annual rental adjustments.
• Present retail lease arrangements.
This guide also covers several other important issues such as:
• The impact of the carbon tax on landlords.
• Details of incentives given by state and federal governments
• The safeguard legislation given to the ACCC to ensure that the system is fair and transparent.
• The impact on retailers who will not be able to pass on the additional costs to clients.
For all retailers who are preparing budgets for after 1 July 2012, or need to come to terms with the practical impacts of the tax on their business, The Retailer’s Guide to Carbon Tax is a must read.