- Are you or your family immigrating to Australia?
- Not sure what to expect once you arrive?
- Would you like to learn how to find a home or employment?
- How about finding the best schools or child care facilities?
Whether you are planning or seeking information about a future move to Australia, this must-have guide will answer your questions and provide you with tips on how to make your move easier and more successful.
The Immigrant’s Guide to Living in Australia – second edition – has been updated to provide you with the complete ‘how to make it’ in Australia.
Here are just some of the questions this book answers:-
- What do I take with me on the plane?
- Who will meet me at the airport?
- What should I look out for when renting a home or unit?
- How expensive is it to rent a house or unit in Melbourne, Sydney or Perth?
- What are real estate prices in Melbourne and Sydney?
- How do I go about buying my first home and what traps should I avoid?
- What is the salary structure like in Australia as compared to my home country?
- How do I go about finding a job?
- What is the status of women in Australian society?
- Until I find a job, are there any unemployment benefits that I would be entitled to?
- Will I have to undergo military service in Australia?
- How does the Australian taxation system operate?
- How does the banking system work and how do I get an introduction to a bank?
- What kind of child care facilities are there if both parents are to work?
- What is the cost of education in Australia?
- Can I send my child to a private school if I have the means?
- With the high cost of medical care today, is there a national health scheme in existence?
- What is the Australian attitude to household pets?