This book is for you if you feel:
- Your life is out of control.
- Defeated and hopeless about the future.
- That things that once gave you pleasure are no longer of interest.
- Tired all the time.
- Unable to motivate yourself.
You can find light at the end of the tunnel and beat depression. Joan Zawatzky shares the knowledge she has gained from many years of counselling depressed people. She provides you with the help you have been searching for in this unique combination of practical, tried and tested therapeutic solutions.
There are four approaches to help you:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) that breaks down your negative, self-destructive thinking and helps you to rebuild your life.
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) that continues the good work of CBT with meditation, awareness and acceptance of your thoughts.
- Healing tales that will inspire you and bring hope and motivation into your life.
- Case histories and explanations of the forms of depression, its causes, symptoms as well as the most current treatments available – both medical and natural.
If one method doesn’t help you, another will.
In addition, Joan Zawatzky offers you methods of understanding and supporting a depressed teenager, assistance with a partner or an older family member who is depressed. She deals with the important areas of turning aggression into assertiveness, improving low self-esteem, encouraging low motivation and keeping your body in tune. The important topics of bullying, preventing suicide in teenagers and adults, substance abuse and seeking professional advice are also covered in the book.